“AlphaFS is a .NET library providing more complete Win32 file system functionality to the .NET platform than the standard System.IO classes“: alphaleonis/AlphaFS · GitHub.
One big advantage is long file name support (up to 32 000 characters) but this library also provides ‘forgotten’ Win32 capabilities:
- managing hardlinks/symbolicLinks,
- enumerating local and distant drives,
- working with file/folder compression,
- working with transactions,
- querying disk geometry and available space (DiskSpaceInfo),
- querying volume capabilities (VolumeInfo),
- and many more.