“Application Verifier to the rescue”:
This post does a great job sumarizing the different notions behind memory management in Windows. Clear and consise explanations details virtual/physical, commited/reserved and how section sharing can complexify computation of “How much memory is your process using?”.
A link that is worth preserving at least for the definition of each term: Windows Process Memory Usage Demystified | All Your Base Are Belong To Us
I was realy annoyed by too frequent Windows 10 reboot. Found this really easy way to disable them: How Easily Disable The Automatic Forced Reboot after Windows 10 has done an Update Four easy… – justpaste.it
This project provides an infrastructure to build user mode file system:
- A kernel mode file system driver is responsible of re-routing IRP to user mode code,
- A library provide a low level abstraction to build user mode file system. This part make the glu with previous kernel driver. A FUSE compatible layer is also provided,
- a sample fs, memfs: an in memory file system,
- A Windows Service called WinFsp Launcher to launch multiple user mode file system.
Source: Main | WinFsp
EDIT: Yet another solution for developping user mode filesystem with FUSE support: https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany.
TLDR; In an admin Cmd, run:
N.B.: You can reset filesystem adding /full
EDIT: Bash and lxrun Command Reference.
A map to help Android and iOS developpers to find which UWP components they can use: Windows apps concept mapping for Android and iOS developers. If you know Android/iOS components for a particulat task, you will find UWP equivalent.
Guide to choose networking technologie for UWP: Which networking technology? – Windows app development
ListView and GridView data virtualization details strategies to follow and interfaces to implement for very large list implementations.
Tasks are made of:
- LogonTrigger (can include a specific user by name or SID),
- RegistrationTrigger (auto trigger after self regsitration),
- SessionStateChangeTrigger (“connecting or disconnecting locally or remotely, or locking or unlocking the session”)
- and every time specific triggers.
- ComHandlerAction (“It allows the task to execute and In-Proc COM server object that implements the ITaskHandler interface”).